Thanksgiving Bulletin Board Ideas
Thanksgiving is coming up, and it is time to start thinking about those classroom bulletin boards ideas! There are lots of different themes you can use for your bulletin board related to Thanksgiving.
Here are a few Thanksgiving Bulletin Board Ideas you can easily incorporate into your classroom this year.
Turkeys are the general “theme” in November because we all love to have it for Thanksgiving. But, there are numerous ways to incorporate this bird into a bulletin board them.
- Gobble up books! Use a turkey on a bulletin board and surround it with books. The phrase “Gobble up a good book” can be used as well!
- Use a turkey with large feathers on a bulletin board to display the names of all the children in your class.
- You can also use the turkey and feathers to display what the children in your room are thankful for.
Thanksgiving is about remembering what we have to be thankful for, and this is a great concept to teach to kids.
- Have a thankfulness tree on your bulletin board and let the kids list things they are thankful for on leaves. Display the leaves on your bulletin board as a reminder of what they can be thankful for this year.
- Use this cute board idea to display what the kids have to be thankful for on “gobblers”.
- Make a bulletin board focusing on thankfulness by using plates. You can have a header that says something like “What are you feasting on this thanksgiving?” Then give each child a plate to decorate and list what they are thankful for.
If you are wanting to focus on the history of thanksgiving this year, you can use the mayflower voyage on your bulletin board.
- Make a large mayflower like this one, and let each child decorate a “pilgrim” to be used on the bulletin board.
- Make a map on your bulletin board documenting the voyage of the Mayflower. This one looks like a great idea!
These are just a few ideas you can use in your classroom this November, and you can always purchase Thanksgiving themed bulletin board sets to enhance your boards even more.